If you follow my Facebook page you would have seen that today’s post is going to be about my new Travel Journal! If you don’t follow my page, give it a like here, and you will get loads more content and links to cool things I find!
The Travel Journal I chose is from Paperchase and cost £5.00. It is A6 size, so quite small but very thick. I thought it would be the perfect size for my hand luggage and rucksack on holiday.
Its pages are lined in blue, which I thought was very pretty and fit with the overall theme of the notebook nicely. I also really loved the saying on the front, ‘Say yes to new adventures’ is a perfect reminder to always try new things, especially whilst on holiday.
Today, I thought I would talk you through what I planned to fill the pages with. I will do a follow up post when I am back from all my adventures to show you the completed pages, and say what worked and what I would have done differently!
My Page Ideas:
- Days of the Week: As it is a journal I will have a page for each day of the week. I might split the page up into thirds so I can write what I did in the morning, afternoon and evening.
- Doodle Pages: I will mainly reserve these pages for the plane. I am a bit of an anxious flyer so will use these pages to just draw how I feel and try to calm down!
- What I Ate: One holiday I am going on this year is to Italy and I love Italian food. I am excited to record my favourite meals so that when I am home, I can look up recipes and see if I can make a version of my own.
- Street Style: One of my favourite thing about going on holiday is looking at the trends and fashion that people are wearing and how they are different to England. I will write down my favourite looks here.
- Trips: I will leave some pages so I can write more detailed accounts of any trips I take.
- Doors and Windows: I’ve seen this idea a lot on Pinterest. People draw or take pictures of their favourite doors and windows. I will certainly be giving this a go.
- Tickets: This is a page where I can stick all my transport or attraction tickets.
- Postcard: I absolutely love postcards. I am obsessed with them. I will get a few postcards and make a collage of my favourite parts.
- Map: I love it when people take part of a map and make it into a shape, like a heart, I will definitely try something like this.
- Conversations: I will write down any strange or funny conversations I hear or have with people!
- Notes: Any ideas for blog posts that I have from the trip!
When I am home, I hope to change any pictures I have taken into a Polaroid, that way it will look prettier and fit the notebook pages a bit better!
I hope you like my ideas, if you have any other ideas for pages that I can do let me know in the comments and I will give them a try!